Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gustavo Mejia <gm...@infotec.com.mx> on 2001/06/20 17:53:56 UTC

SOAP

Hi everyone,

Someone can explain me what is SOAP for ? is there a relation with
Cocoon ? what is that relation ?

Thanks a lot !

Gustavo
INFOTEC

Question !

Posted by Gustavo Mejia <gm...@infotec.com.mx>.
Hi !

I have a question, how can I read an XML (result from a query) using an other
XML, imaging that it is in other computer ? the first XML, could be something
like the data source to be used  with other XML, You know what I mean ?

Any Idea ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Gustavo

Re: SOAP

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Gustavo Mejia wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Someone can explain me what is SOAP for ? is there a relation with
> Cocoon ? what is that relation ?

There is no relation, SOAP is a standard (of sorts) that specifies how to
transport XML data over HTTP. It's possible to use Apache's implementation
of SOAP from within Cocoon by downloading the SOAP taglib from
http://ulim.cocoonhost.com

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring