Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by gdub <a5...@orthogony.com> on 2005/11/14 06:56:42 UTC

Any problems with Saxon 8.6 in VM uncalled from XmlBeans?

As a possible possible workaround for the
problem of using Saxon 8.6 and XmlBeans
in the same application, I am considering
putting Saxon 8.6 on the classpath for
XQuery and XSLT processing but not accessing
it via XmlBeans. That is, any XQuery, XPath,
and XSLT processing would occur on document
instances that are never handed to XmlBeans.

Am I just asking for trouble here? In par-
ticular, does XmlBeans use Saxon for any
other reason if no queries or XPath expressions
are evaluated by user code? If the answer
is "no," then I presume that I can run any
version of Saxon in the VM as long as I
never call it via an XmlBeans object.

Hopefully,

   -dub