Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Wendell Piez <wa...@mulberrytech.com> on 2005/04/20 16:49:14 UTC

RE: Getting access to SVG image metrics [was RE: document() function in Saxon 8.3 under Cocoon 2.1.7]

Conal,

At 08:39 PM 4/19/2005, you wrote:
>You need a pipeline something like this:

[elided]

>HTH!!

It certainly does, thanks! (I may have more questions as I go forward. For
example, I'd like everything to operate smoothly irrespective of what
subdirectory I'm looking in -- I wonder how feasible that is. We will see.)

> > Given that SVGs are (sort of) images, maybe the Image
> > Directory generator ought to report the dimensions of SVGs
> > out of the box ... then I wouldn't even need any of the fancy stuff.
>
>Good point! That would be a far cleaner solution. How's your Java
>skills? :-)

Heh. They are pretty minimal. I have hacked things, but don't know any of
the libraries. I'd need too much handholding on the basics.

Maybe someone could put it on a list? (Ask for an XSLT stylesheet and I'll
gladly oblige. :-)

Thanks again,
Wendell