Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ola Hamfors <ha...@sics.se> on 2001/06/15 17:33:38 UTC

ServiceDesigner 0.1.0 released

Hello
I have written a prototype/demo called ServiceDesigner
The ServiceDesigner is a tool used to dynamically
build a user-interface to WSDL described services.

You simply add a URL to a service description (or several)
and you can start to use that service. You can even make simple
connections between services, for example connect the output of
a translation service into a SMS service.

When you have made all connections and feel happy with the
graphical user interface you can save and compile your new
service as a standalone java application or an Sview compatible service.

The goal with the project is to show one way of how end-users
can access and use WSDL described Web Services in an easy way.

Hope somebody finds it useful and gives me new ideas

/Ola

RE: ServiceDesigner 0.1.0 released

Posted by Ola Hamfors <ha...@sics.se>.
Alex,
Sorry for not responding fast enough.
You can download the ServiceDesigner.

www.sics.se/~hamfors

But is a very early release and not
very useful right now. Basically just
a demonstration of a concept.

I'm very interested in what you've done! Where can I get / download your
ServiceDesigner?

Alex

Posted by Alex Homburg <al...@dackelgesicht.de>.
Hi Ola

Posted by Frank Feldmann <fr...@silverstream.be>.
Where cloud we find this then?
I would love to evaluate this and provide you with feedback.

Frank

I have written a prototype/demo called ServiceDesigner
The ServiceDesigner is a tool used to dynamically
build a user-interface to WSDL described services.

You simply add a URL to a service description (or several)
and you can start to use that service. You can even make simple
connections between services, for example connect the output of
a translation service into a SMS service.

When you have made all connections and feel happy with the
graphical user interface you can save and compile your new
service as a standalone java application or an Sview compatible service.

The goal with the project is to show one way of how end-users
can access and use WSDL described Web Services in an easy way.

Hope somebody finds it useful and gives me new ideas

/Ola

Frank Feldmann
Manager eBusiness Strategy
SilverStream Software EMEA