Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com> on 2010/06/05 20:30:19 UTC

ScalaSpecs jdk6 only ?

Guys,

I'm seeing this error when running specs with jdk5:

       at
org.apache.buildr.SpecsSingletonRunner.run(SpecsSingletonRunner.java:54)
       at
org.apache.buildr.SpecsSingletonRunner.main(SpecsSingletonRunner.java:35)
       at
       at
       at
org.apache.buildr.SpecsSingletonRunner.run(SpecsSingletonRunner.java:52)
       ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.isEmpty()Z
       at
org.specs.runner.OutputReporter$class.reportSpec(ConsoleReporter.scala:91)
       at org.specs.Specification.reportSpec(Specification.scala:43)
       at
org.specs.runner.OutputReporter$$anonfun$report$1.apply(ConsoleReporter.scala:73)
       at
org.specs.runner.OutputReporter$$anonfun$report$1.apply(ConsoleReporter.scala:73)
       at scala.List.foreach(List.scala:841)
       at
org.specs.runner.OutputReporter$class.report(ConsoleReporter.scala:73)
       at org.specs.Specification.report(Specification.scala:43)
       at
org.specs.runner.OutputReporter$class.report(ConsoleReporter.scala:64)
       at org.specs.Specification.report(Specification.scala:43)
       at org.specs.Specification.report(Specification.scala:43)
       at org.specs.runner.Reporter$class.reportSpecs(Reporter.scala:192)
       at org.specs.Specification...

I got the sources here:
http://specs.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/main/scala/org/specs/runner/ConsoleReporter.scala

Does this mean ScalaSpecs is jdk6 only ?

Can it be fixed somehow ? or do we officially let go of jdk5 compatibility ?

Thanks,

Antoine

Re: ScalaSpecs jdk6 only ?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, let's wait to build that bridge until someone actually wants to cross it.

Alex

Re: ScalaSpecs jdk6 only ?

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.

Re: ScalaSpecs jdk6 only ?