Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Chris Wolf <cw...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 17:30:02 UTC

Re: client authentication via certificates

Hello,

This is my first post on this list.  I setup FPT Server for FTPS and
it's working, but now I need to support client authentication via
certificates.   After searching through the mail archive, I notice
that such support was removed, but then somebody posted a patch to
implement it.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FTPSERVER-410

Will this ever get incorporated into the code?   Also what kind of
client certificate will I need?  Would I need to add v3 extension such
as:

extendedKeyUsage=clientAuth

Thanks,

Chris

Re: client authentication via certificates

Posted by Chris Wolf <cw...@gmail.com>.
Actually I noticed the the current release supports
client-authentication="NEED" and that's working for me, although
password authentication is also required, so I guess it's two-factor
authentication, which is more secure anyway.

I also realized that that patch was for client-cert only
authentication.  I still think it might be useful in some cases.

Thanks,

Chris