Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Harish Hirasave <ha...@parago.com> on 2006/12/15 01:04:31 UTC

Axis 1.2 to Axis 2.1.1 migration question

Axis team,

I am migrating a webservice which is axis 1.2 to axis 2.1.1. I get the
following error when I generate code using the wsdl in axis 2.1.1 When I
used xmlbeans as the databinding type I was able to generate the code
but it generates a lot of other classes(xmlbeans) which I don't want.
What is the best way to handle this? Is xmlbeans the only option now? I
read thru the documentation but I am not clear what databinding axis 1.*
used that I did not have a problem. Please help.

Thanks
Harish

I am migrating a webservice which is axis 1.2 to axis 2.1.1. I get the
following error when I generate code using the wsdl in axis 2.1.1 When I
used xmlbeans as the databinding type I was able to generate the code
but it generates a lot of other classes(xmlbeans) which I don't want.
What is the best way to handle this? Is xmlbeans the only option now? I
read thru the documentation but I am not clear what databinding axis 1.*
used that I did not have a problem. Please help.

Thanks
Harish

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationExcepti
: java.lang.RuntimeException:
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGen
ationEngine.java:224)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:21)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExcep
on
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.SimpleDBExtension.engage(Si
leDBExtension.java:52)
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGen
ationEngine.java:177)
        ... 2 more
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImp
java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcc
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.SimpleDBExtension.engage(Si
leDBExtension.java:49)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompilationException:
{http://schemas
mlsoap.org/soap/encoding/}Array is not supported.
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.findClassName(SchemaCompiler
ava:820)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processComplexContent(Schema
mpiler.java:1076)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processContentModel(SchemaCo
iler.java:989)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processComplexType(SchemaCom
ler.java:973)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processNamedComplexSchemaTyp
SchemaCompiler.java:909)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processSchema(SchemaCompiler
ava:864)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processElement(SchemaCompile
java:527)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processElement(SchemaCompile
java:489)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.process(SchemaCompiler.java:
88)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processParticle(SchemaCompil
.java:1450)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processComplexType(SchemaCom
ler.java:950)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processAnonymousComplexSchem
ype(SchemaCompiler.java:883)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processSchema(SchemaCompiler
ava:866)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processElement(SchemaCompile
java:527)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.processElement(SchemaCompile
java:499)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.compile(SchemaCompiler.java:
6)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.compile(SchemaCompiler.java:
8)
        at
org.apache.axis2.schema.ExtensionUtility.invoke(ExtensionUtility.ja
:72)

Re: Axis 1.2 to Axis 2.1.1 migration question

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
>From the stacktrace, you are using soap encoded arrays which axis2
does not support. I'm not sure how xmlbeans could be working for you
if that's the case. Consider using doc / lit or rpc / lit style WSDL's
if possible. Probably the most popular three databinding options are
adb, xmlbeans and jibx. See the code generation guide on how to deal
with all the xsb files and the like with xmlbeans.

HTH,
Robert