Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by John Towell <jt...@logicalevolution.biz> on 2003/02/26 04:03:53 UTC

Code coverage

I was wondering if anyone had integrated cactus with an open source
coverage tool?  I have seen some clover posts on this mailing list, is
this the only option?  Quilt looks like it might work

http://quilt.sourceforge.net/overview.html

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

-John

Re: Code coverage

Posted by John Towell <jt...@logicalevolution.biz>.
Just thought I'd post a response from the Quilt team about quilt and Cactus.

I believe to install Quilt into the Cactus, you need
to get into the Container.

A new version of Quilt (in development) would allow
us to remotely start the JVM (using the JDI APIs)
and gather things "remotely"

DDP

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/howto_ant_cactus.html

RE: Code coverage

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

The nice thing with Clover is that it does not impose ANY restriction on
the runtime environment. Thus it works perfectly with Cactus, which runs
in application servers. The other nice thing is that it provides
coverage at the branch level (if, catch, etc)! It just works and is free
for open source.

Have a look at: http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/clover-13/index.html

(Note: don't pay attention to the result, Clover has only been run on
the client side when I uploaded the site, hence the low result ;-) ).

-Vincent