Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Newton Alex <na...@pivotal.io> on 2014/10/15 23:57:24 UTC

[Proposal] Ambari automated cluster upgrades

Hello Ambari developers,

We have been thinking about the possibility of automating the Ambari
cluster upgrade process. Ambari should be able to automatically upgrade the
clusters that it had deployed.
As the first step, here is a requirements doc:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12675128/Ambari%2BCluster%2BUpgrade%2BRequirements.pdf

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7804

Please review and let me know your feedback. I'm writing a design doc as a
follow up to this one. Will send it out soon.

Thanks,
Newton

Re: [Proposal] Ambari automated cluster upgrades

Posted by Newton Alex <na...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Yusaku. That would be awesome!

-
Newton