Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2003/02/20 01:19:31 UTC

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/response/TestCompat conn_authen.pm

geoff@apache.org wrote:
> geoff       2003/02/19 06:14:36
>
>   Modified:    .        Changes
>                lib/Apache compat.pm
>                t/response/TestCompat conn_authen.pm
>   Log:
>   fixes to Apache::compat. make $r->connection->auth_type interface
>   with r->ap_auth_type. make both $r->connection->auth_type and
>   $r->connection->user writable
>   Submitted by:	geoff
>   Reviewed by:	stas

geoff++!

Can you please also commit the entries for the api manpage? or just post them
here and I'll add them, since I see that we don't have Apache/Access.pod yet
but we do have Apache/RequestRec.pod ;)

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/response/TestCompat conn_authen.pm

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> here is some suggested pod for RequestRec.pod

Thanks, Geoff! committed.

I've moved the auth_type item to Apache/Access.pod where it belongs.

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/response/TestCompat conn_authen.pm

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
here is some suggested pod for RequestRec.pod

--Geoff

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/response/TestCompat conn_authen.pm

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> geoff@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> geoff       2003/02/19 06:14:36
>>>
>>>   Modified:    .        Changes
>>>                lib/Apache compat.pm
>>>                t/response/TestCompat conn_authen.pm
>>>   Log:
>>>   fixes to Apache::compat. make $r->connection->auth_type interface
>>>   with r->ap_auth_type. make both $r->connection->auth_type and
>>>   $r->connection->user writable
>>>   Submitted by:    geoff
>>>   Reviewed by:    stas
>>

>> geoff++!
>>
>> Can you please also commit the entries for the api manpage? or just
>> post them here and I'll add them, since I see that we don't have
>> Apache/Access.pod yet
>> but we do have Apache/RequestRec.pod ;)
>

> sure.  actually, there was more to this commit but the email got lost
> someplace.

Your first post had to be approved and your email has finally made through ;)

> I guess you saw the docs, though, since you made changes to
> my poor pod skills :)

The only important thing about pod skills is to write it in the way so the
building tool won't complain aloud. The rest are embelishments, which you
don't have to use, but they do make the text more readable.

> anyway, I'll work on ading something to Apache/RequestRec.pod, or move
> what I've done in http.pod to there - whatever you think is best.

No, not to move. We have two parts:

1. /api The API - just cover the description, arguments, effects if any.
2. /user The tutorial where all the methods are applied in examples,
discussions, etc. So what you've added to http.pod is fine. Now we just need
to add a short entry for ap_auth_type and auth_type to the respective API
manpages.

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/response/TestCompat conn_authen.pm

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Stas Bekman wrote:
> geoff@apache.org wrote:
>
>> geoff       2003/02/19 06:14:36
>>
>>   Modified:    .        Changes
>>                lib/Apache compat.pm
>>                t/response/TestCompat conn_authen.pm
>>   Log:
>>   fixes to Apache::compat. make $r->connection->auth_type interface
>>   with r->ap_auth_type. make both $r->connection->auth_type and
>>   $r->connection->user writable
>>   Submitted by:    geoff
>>   Reviewed by:    stas
>

> geoff++!
>
> Can you please also commit the entries for the api manpage? or just post
> them here and I'll add them, since I see that we don't have
> Apache/Access.pod yet
> but we do have Apache/RequestRec.pod ;)

sure.  actually, there was more to this commit but the email got lost
someplace.  I guess you saw the docs, though, since you made changes to my
poor pod skills :)