Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Андрей Прицепов <p....@fort.crimea.com> on 2017/12/26 14:14:42 UTC

Bugs and questions OM Centos7

I stop test OM on Windows10(about Windows Server 2016 I even silence)
without fresh documentation, the last one doc is for Windows 2003/xp, so I
install OM as virtual machine in Hyper-V with Centos7 on board. To many bugs
for Windows, I will return for Windows when developers fix bugs, without it
OM on Windows is useless and it's just waste of time, 4-6 month to test all
functionality that I need it.

For CentOS7 at this moment all installation done by this instruction
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+for+insta
lling+OpenMeetings+and+Tools?preview=/27838216/74689947/Installation%20OpenM
eetings%204.0.1%20on%20Centos%207.pdf

Bugs:

1.       Problem with Cyrillic symbols. Russian language as default. When I
create user, group, room, writing in chat all well done. Its work as I
expect and Cyrillic symbols are correct, but when I restart
"/etc/init.d/red5-2" and go again on localhost:5080/openmeetings I see all
data that I create not in Cyrillic symbols, but like this "???????????".

2.       I can't delete group when I create it. I look at dependencies for
group and delete users from this group, and delete group from rooms, but
group I can't delete. When I click delete and confirm, it redirect me to
error page "internal error. return to home page"

Questions:

1.       I don't know Linux system as well as Windows system. Where does OM
directory is installed, in /opt or /etc or else?

2.       Where  store records that was done in OM? Can I reorganize storage
for records? I want to create storage on host virtual machine(Windows Server
2016) and store records there. I don't want store it inside of VM because I
think VM in my case wouldn't be pass-through-disk VM. It will be in format
vhdx, but I am not sure yet.

3.       How can I start mariadb and red5 automatically when start OS? Will
I need make delay for red5 before start mariadb?

-------------------

С уважением, Андрей Прицепов "Лаборатория Форт Крым"

RE: Bugs and questions OM Centos7

Posted by "Yakovlev N." <ya...@krvostok.ru>.
See the attached file.

This is the useful script for Centos 7.

It allows you to run the OM as a native service for CentOS 7 and it is more preferable to use.

1. Copy it into “/usr/lib/systemd/system” folder.

2. Run as root the commands:

   - systemctl enable om (to start automatically)

   - systemctl start  om (to manual start service)

   - systemctl stop   om (to manual stop service)

PS  The "/opt/red5" path used in the script can be modified if OM is installed into a different folder.

Best regards

Nik

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Script is available in Alvaro's guides