Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Håvard W. Kongsgård" <h....@niap.no> on 2006/07/17 10:42:08 UTC

Nutch 0.8 java 1.4/1.5

I am trying to get nutch/hadoop to run on 3 servers with SUSE linux.

I have followed the Nutch Hadoop Tutorial and everything works find (I
can run bin/hadoop dfs –ls), but when I run “bin/nutch inject crawldb
urls” I get this error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/commons/cli/ParseException (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector.inject(Injector.java:138)

at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector.main(Injector.java:164)

I have set the JAVA_HOME variable in hadoop-env.sh to
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_07/ but nutch still tells me that I use version 48.0
(java 1.4).

I have also tried to set the JAVA_HOME variable in bin/nutch but with
the same result.

Re: Nutch 0.8 java 1.4/1.5

Posted by Marko Bauhardt <mb...@media-style.com>.
Hi,
try to export JAVA_HOME in your $HOME/.bashrc and
$HOME/.bash_profile. You must also export $JAVA_HOME/bin in your
$PATH variable.
e.g. export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH.

It is important that you export your $JAVA_HOME/bin before the rest
of the other $PATH variables. The first Java/bin which is found in
the $PATH variable is used.
So, do not export JAVA_HOME/bin like this line:
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin.

Hope this helps,
Marko