Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net> on 2006/07/20 21:22:21 UTC

newbie: apr-iconv questions

Hi list,
  I'm working on a module for httpd 2.2 and want to include iconv
support.  I had 2 questions on the subject:

1) On platforms where APU_HAVE_ICONV what is the recommended practice
for using iconv?  System's or APR's (with pool support)?  Is APR's
version even an option in such a case (as I notice it doesn't seem to
get built in a vanilla build of httpd)?

2) On the Win32 platform, the binary distributions have apr-iconv
bundled.  I see the DLL + .so charset libraries.  I see the
libapriconv.lib/.exp files.  Where are apr_iconv.h and api_version.h?

Thanks,
  Issac

Re: newbie: apr-iconv questions

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
I think I answered both of these on my own.  For the sake of people
googling this:

After nosing around a bit more, I came across the well-named (IF you
know that it's what you're looking for!) apr_xlate.h (in
apr-util/xlate), which it seems does the job of abstracting the
underlying iconv implementation, if it exists.

  Issac