Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andy Dolbey <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/25 16:10:09 UTC

sequence of sets of arrays [was: turning off multirefs]

Yes, of course, this makes perfect sense.  And it works: multirefs are
gone.  Thanks!

This all started as an interop problem:  getting an Apache Axis
wsdl-generated Java client to communicate successfully with a Franz
Allegro Lisp service, where both the request and the response involve
sets of String arrays.  Now that the message is sent without multiref
structuring, I can see error messages having to do with the sets of
String arrays, the kind of error I was actually expecting to see.  The
wsdl specifies that the request is going to be a sequence of sets of
String arrays:

   A  B  C  D  ...
     where each of [A-D...] is a set of 5 separate String arrays

but the generated client class only wants one set of String arrays,
not a sequence of them.

Not exactly sure where to go from here.  I suppose I could try to
manually create a message that wraps a single sets of arrays as a
sequence of one set.  Or I could beg of the service creator (a fellow
lab member) to get rid of the top sequence level.  If anyone has any
ideas, please feel free to chime in.  Thanks!

Andy