Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2020/11/09 13:45:11 UTC

Removing JDBC mode from JDBCStore

Hi,

As part of https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/376 and along with the
similar removal of JDBCRealm, I would like to propose:
- Remove JDBC code from JDBCStore in Tomcat 10, in favor of DataSource
code; this allows simplifying and removing global sync which obviously
kills scalability
- Rename JDBCStore to DataSourceStore in Tomcat 10
- Introduce a new empty DataSourceStore store extending JDBCStore in Tomcat
7.0.x, 8.5.x and 9.0.x to help migration, and adjust documentation to refer
to it

Comments ?

Rémy

Re: Removing JDBC mode from JDBCStore

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Rémy,

On 11/9/20 08:45, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/376 and along with
> the similar removal of JDBCRealm, I would like to propose: - Remove
> JDBC code from JDBCStore in Tomcat 10, in favor of DataSource code;
> this allows simplifying and removing global sync which obviously
> kills scalability - Rename JDBCStore to DataSourceStore in Tomcat 10
> - Introduce a new empty DataSourceStore store extending JDBCStore in
> Tomcat 7.0.x, 8.5.x and 9.0.x to help migration, and adjust
> documentation to refer to it
>
> Comments ?

+1 to all that

-chris

Re: Removing JDBC mode from JDBCStore

Posted by Keiichi Fujino <kf...@apache.org>.
2020年11月9日(月) 22:45 Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>:

> Hi,
>
> As part of https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/376 and along with the
> similar removal of JDBCRealm, I would like to propose:
> - Remove JDBC code from JDBCStore in Tomcat 10, in favor of DataSource
> code; this allows simplifying and removing global sync which obviously
> kills scalability
> - Rename JDBCStore to DataSourceStore in Tomcat 10
> - Introduce a new empty DataSourceStore store extending JDBCStore in Tomcat
> 7.0.x, 8.5.x and 9.0.x to help migration, and adjust documentation to refer
> to it
>
> Comments ?

+1

--
Keiichi.Fujino

Re: Removing JDBC mode from JDBCStore

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 09/11/2020 13:45, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/376 and along with the
> similar removal of JDBCRealm, I would like to propose:
> - Remove JDBC code from JDBCStore in Tomcat 10, in favor of DataSource
> code; this allows simplifying and removing global sync which obviously
> kills scalability
> - Rename JDBCStore to DataSourceStore in Tomcat 10
> - Introduce a new empty DataSourceStore store extending JDBCStore in Tomcat
> 7.0.x, 8.5.x and 9.0.x to help migration, and adjust documentation to refer
> to it
>
> Comments ?

Sounds good to me.

Mark