Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Tsui, Alban" <Al...@COGNOS.com> on 2003/05/19 14:19:23 UTC

how to select another rowset with an id based on an id in the cur rent rowset

Hi I have the following:

<document>
	<rowset1>
		<object1>
			<id>1</id>
			<value>a</value>
		<object1>
		</object1>
			<id>2</id>
			<value>b</value>
		</object1>
		<object1>
			<id>3</id>
			<value>c</value>
		</object1>
	</rowset1>
	<rowset2>
		<object2>
			<id>2</id>
		</object2>
		<object2>
			<id>3</id>
		</object2>
	</rowset2>
</document>

so I have the following transform fragment:

	<xsl:for-each select="/document/rowset2/object2">
		<!-- in current object2 context -->
		<xsl:value-of
select="/document/rowset1/object1[id=child::id]/value"/>
	</xsl:for-each>
but it doesn't seem to work.
What I am trying to do is to iterate each "object2" in rowset2 to fetch the
value from object1 from rowset1 based on the "id" value but I am struggling
with the xpath condition in the sqaure brackets. What have I done wrong
here?

A.T.