Posted to user@struts.apache.org by robin bajaj <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/19 20:01:24 UTC

struts 2 with jsf as plugin

hi All,
I heard that Struts2 can use JSF components selectively on per-page
basis. Does this mean, I can use any JSF distribution including ICESoft,
MyFaces, Sun's JSF RI etc. or does it have any limits as per the JSF
distro is concerned.

And can we mix match using a couple of distros, ie. using a MyFaces
component for one page and ICESoft component for another.

And is there anyway possible we could plugin JSF components in STruts
1.3.x ?? (or is it still just wishful thinking.. for a Struts 2.x novice
like me :-(

Thanks for your replies in advances,
regards,
robin.

Re: struts 2 with jsf as plugin

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
The Struts 2 JSF plugin doesn't depend on any specific JSF
implementation, so you should be able to use the one of your choice.
As for whether multiple implementions can live together, if it is
usually possible in the JSF world, then it should be possible here.

As for JSF support in Struts 1.3.x, there is the Struts-Faces
subproject that might be of use, however, I don't know its current
quality.

Don