Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Richard Whelan <ri...@pipex.net> on 2005/06/17 12:45:33 UTC

Upgrading Bayes

Hi,

I'm currently trying to move from a pair of machines running MD 2.43 & SA
2.64 to a pair of much faster systems running MD 2.52 & SA 3.0.3 (will now
be 3.0.4).

I want to use my existing bayes and awl DBs as these have been built up over
quite some time. I tried to use the db-to-txt.pl script to dump out the
existing bayes db, but after running out of space at 10Gb I gave up. I'm now
trying to use the sa-learn script to resync instead. The old bayes db was
around 80 Mb, and so far the conversion has been going for almost three
days. Is this normal or has something gone horribly wrong ? The debug out
from the sa-learn -sync is still being written to, and is itself now over
110 Mb in size. The lines being written say

Debug: refresh: 13295 /var/spool/MIMEDefang-bayes/bayes.mutex

Also, how do I go about converting the awl db ?

Many thanks in advance.

Richard

Richard Whelan
Senior Systems & NMS Administrator