Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Java Rockx <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/16 02:31:41 UTC

[users@httpd] My Cry For Help With mod_include -- Please

Hi All.

I've lost about 500,000 hairs on my head because of this problem.

Can anyone suggest a way to have mod_include call a CGI and put the CGI return value in to a
variable for later use in the same script?

What I'm looking for is a way to get a value back from the called script so I can do <!--#if
expr--> <!--else --> decisions in my .shtml files.

I know this doesn't work but this is what I'm trying to do:

index.shtml:
-------------

<!--#exec cmd="/var/www/scripts/executable.cgi" -->
<!--#if expr="${MY_CGI_VARIABLE} = 'foo'" -->
    bar
<!--#else -->
    other bar
<!--#endif -->

/var/www/scripts/excutable.cgi:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use warnings;
$ENV{'MY_CGI_VARIABLE'} = 'foo';
exit;

Is there a way to pass data in environment variables or perhaps is there a way to get an exit code
from a called script?

Regards,
Paul Hazlett