Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Phakin Cheangkrachange <pc...@sertiscorp.com> on 2015/08/25 13:22:27 UTC

Select some data from Hive (SparkSQL) directly using NodeJS

Hi,

I just wonder if there's any way that I can get some sample data (10-20
rows) out of Spark's Hive using NodeJs?

Submitting a spark job to show 20 rows of data in web page is not good for
me.

I've set up Spark Thrift Server as shown in Spark Doc. The server works
because I can use *beeline* to connect and query data. Is there any NodeJs
package that can be used to connect and query from this server??

Best Regards,
Phakin Cheangkrachange