Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Sorin Silaghi <so...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/31 11:54:05 UTC

usernames and passwords in logs

Hi all,

           I noticed a while ago that when exceptions are thrown on an
endpoint the username and password for that endpoint end up in the logs. It
happened for FTP and here's a starcktrace where I had to edit the
information out before posting on the mailing list:
http://pastebin.com/niXtXKJ4. Is there an issue opened for this ?

thanks,
             Sorin.

Re: usernames and passwords in logs

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

We have logic in place which masks the username/password, but that is
often for endpoints being logged in the message, and not from the
causes exceptions.

Please open a JIRA ticket,

--
Claus Ibsen