Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2010/10/23 09:57:51 UTC

Release plan for JAMES Server 3.0

Hi there,

we are mostly ready to cut the M1 release. I will try to push things
to get it out at the end of the next week, so stay prepared for the
upcomming VOTE. After M1 was done I would like to try to get things
stable (api) and cut the next alpha/beta shortly (should not take more
time then 4 weeks). After that we should concentrate on just close
bugs and improve things. No new features should get into the tree
until 3.0 is finally out, so kind of feature freeze. WDYT ?

Bye,
Norman

Re: Release plan for JAMES Server 3.0

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

comments inside..

2010/10/23 Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>:
> Hi Norman,
>
> JAMES-1074 must not block M1 release: it does not impact user config,..
> .it's only some core discussions :) around API,... that we target for M2.
> I have updated it to 3.0 version number.
> It may be worth to already define a 3.0-M2 version in JIRA.

+1, maybe even if I'm not sure if we would need another milestone or
just cut an alpha release then. But we will see ..

> Also, not working on repackaging will free up time for the docs.
> As I said in other post, I will regulary scp some files to the web site, and
> will ping from time to time here to review them.

+1

> Yes, the feature set must not rise and we must keep all the existing ones
> (such as the mailing lists and all the other ones we may not have deeply
> tested in the 3.0 architecture).

True

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Norman,