Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dan whelan <da...@adicio.com> on 2011/09/22 18:08:35 UTC

mlt content stream help

I would like to use MLT and the content stream feature in solr like on
this page:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThisHandler

How should the request handler / solrconfig be setup?

I enabled streaming and I set a requestHandler up by copying the default
request handler and I changed the name to:

name="/mlt"

but when accessing the url like the example on the wiki I get a NPE
because q is not supplied

I'm sure I am just doing it wrong just not sure what.

Thanks,

dan

Re: mlt content stream help

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
Dan:

The disconnect here seems to be that these examples urls on the
MoreLikeThisHandler wiki page assume a "/mlt" request handler exists, but
no handler by that name has ever actually existed in the solr example
configs.  (the wiki page doesn't explicitly state that those URLs will
work with the example configs, but it certianly suggests it)

Instead of copying the *default* request handler config (using
SearchHandler) verbatim, you need to create a handler declaration that
uses the MoreLikeThisHandler class, ala...

  <requestHandler name="/mlt" class="solr.MoreLikeThisHandler">
  </requestHandler>

...you can add more configuration (to specify things like default params
and what not) but that's the minimum config that you need to get the MLT
Handler up and running.

I've updated the wiki page to reflect this -- thanks for helping to catch
the mistake

: > > > > http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThisHandler
: > > > >
: > > > > How should the request handler / solrconfig be setup?
: > > > >
: > > > > I enabled streaming and I set a requestHandler up by copying the
: > > > > default
: > > > > request handler and I changed the name to:
: > > > >
: > > > > name="/mlt"
: > > > >
: > > > > but when accessing the url like the example on the wiki I get a NPE
: > > > > because
: > > > > q is not supplied

-Hoss

Re: mlt content stream help

Posted by dan whelan <da...@adicio.com>.
OK. This is exactly what i did.

With a fresh download of solr 3.2

unpack and go to example directory

start solr: java -jar start.jar

the go to exampledocs and run: ./post.sh *xml

Then go here:

http://localhost:8983/solr/mlt?stream.body=electronics%20memory&mlt.fl=manu,cat&mlt.interestingTerms=list&mlt.mintf=0

Problem accessing /solr/mlt. Reason:
     NOT_FOUND

The page gives no instructions on setting up mlt or the url is incorrect.

Re: mlt content stream help

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: mlt content stream help

Posted by dan whelan <da...@adicio.com>.
On 9/24/11 12:17 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> What version of Solr?
I am using solr 3.2

> When you copied the default, did you set up
> default values for MLT?

This is what I need help with.

Re: mlt content stream help

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
What version of Solr? When you copied the default, did you set up
default values for MLT?

Showing us the request you used and the relevant portions of your