Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Hong ZHou <hh...@anabas.com> on 2002/01/02 18:36:45 UTC

Help on persistent session and more

Hi, Dear ALL:

I believe some of you there must know the answers, that is why I am asking.  Please share your knowledge.

I am using Tomcat4.0 and Slide1.0.9, I have not been able to solve the following three problems by using the Apache's Webdav Client API:

1.  Open one session, lock a file first.  Then close the session.  Open another session using the same password and username, now I could not unlock the file because the WebdavClient session is different now!  How can I obtain a persistent session?

2.    The files I put into the Slide server are not persistent.  After restart Tomcat and mysql, the files are gone.

3.    Does Slide support version lookup?  Like Sourcesafe, you could find the histroy of a file and rollback.

Appreciate a lot!  And Happy New Year!

Re: Help on persistent session and more

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Hi

see comments inline...

Hong ZHou wrote:

> Hi, Dear ALL:
>
> I believe some of you there must know the answers, that is why I am asking.  Please share your knowledge.
>
> I am using Tomcat4.0 and Slide1.0.9, I have not been able to solve the following three problems by using the Apache's Webdav Client API:
>
> 1.  Open one session, lock a file first.  Then close the session.  Open another session using the same password and username, now I could not unlock the file because the WebdavClient session is different now!  How can I obtain a persistent session?

Each lock has an token associated with it.
Something like: "opaquelocktoken:da24cd7d7688443f520606c2cb130fca"

These tokens are stored in WebdavState. If you want you can store these
in a file before exit and reload them when you restart. This should make
it work.

> 2.    The files I put into the Slide server are not persistent.  After restart Tomcat and mysql, the files are gone.

You configured your database (structure & content) in domain.xml ?
Is the database empty after you shutdown tomcat ?

> 3.    Does Slide support version lookup?  Like Sourcesafe, you could find the histroy of a file and rollback.

Slide itself does but the web implementation (Delta-V) is not yet
implemented

> Appreciate a lot!  And Happy New Year!

Thanks
Dirk