Posted to dev@community.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2015/11/04 23:00:46 UTC

Re: Apache Software Foundation Projects and DevOps

Should probably ask this on the ComDev list, CC’ed (BCC to
webmaster@)

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
More specifically, it is the exception rather than the rule that theASF infrastructure actually directly deploys the latest software writtenby Apache projects, so no there's really no devops being practicedin that way.
The infra team itself, as has been mentioned by others, has adopteddevops principles, but I suspect that's not the question you are interestedin.

     On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:56 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:

 Hi,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 9:38 PM, Akond Rahman <aa...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> ...If I understood correctly, then I think the Apache Software Foundation, as
> an organization have not adopted DevOps principles...

More precisely, our infrastructure team does work in a devops way with
lots of programmable infrastructure.

On the other hand the Foundation strives to interfere as little as
possible with the technical aspects of its projects, so we don't have
guidelines or standards regarding devops principles for our projects,
each Project Management Committee can work as they want.

-Bertrand

Re: Apache Software Foundation Projects and DevOps

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Somehow related to what's being discussed in this thread...
Is ASF managing this account https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/ at Docker Hub?
Is there any plan to have an official ASF Docker repository?

Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: sergio.fernandez@redlink.co
w: http://redlink.co

Re: Apache Software Foundation Projects and DevOps

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Akond Rahman <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Greetings All,

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.