Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by UM...@daimlerchrysler.com on 2003/12/16 15:27:38 UTC

Problem................... Please ..................Help.............

Hi
I have problem when I deploy my cocoon application on Unix environment

Iam working on a project, displaying XML file in PDF format using cocoon
package from
Apache.
On my computer WSAD 5.0 is installed. I imported the cocoon.war generated
from source
provided by Apache into WSAD 5.0. I wrote xsl programs to convert XML files
into PDF files.
These programs work in WSAD. I created websphere server 5.0 and websphere
server 4.0 test environments in WSAD. My programs work in both websphere
server 5.0 and websphere server 4.0.
I exported the enterprise application consisting of cocoon and my programs
into cocoonTest.EAR file. I deployed this cocoonTest.EAR on unix box (gsp
server)

When I point to gsp server url and click on link which invokes my programs,
It opens up
adobe acrobat and finally I get message saying "This file cannot be opened
because it has no pages".

Same programs work on windows environment in WSAD, but when I deploy on
unix machine it does not work. I made sure that all the required jar files
which are in WSAD are in the cocoon.EAR which deployed on GSP server.

is there any difference in WSAD environment and gsp server environment.
What more I need to do to make my application work.
When we deploy an application from windows environment onto UNIX
environment, what else procedure do I need do. I spent considerable amount
of time in doing these research, I appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks
Uma

Umamaheswar Munugala
Product Lifecycle Management,
DaimlerChrysler Corporation,
Email: um19@dcx.com,
T- line: 722-8941,
Outside: (248) 512-8941.

Re: Problem................... Please ..................Help.............

Posted by Mark Leicester <ma...@energyintellect.com>.
Only a guess, but could your troubles have anything to do with missing
X Server libraries?
See
<http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/index.html#UNIX+with+X+server>

Mark

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
a less intrusive subject line could get you a lot further.

please refrain from this, you're ruining my mailer overview.