Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu> on 2018/02/13 05:59:41 UTC

Re: partially durable queue?

Sorry this took a while (I've not had much free time to look through the
source code recently) and you may well have already found what you need in
the meantime, but in case you haven't yet, I think you'd want to be looking
in the activemq-kahadb-store project and particularly
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.plist.PListImpl or PListStoreImpl. Based
on what you've said, I think you'll be looking to have the PListImpl store
messages in memory without writing to the PageFile until some threshold is
reached, and then begin writing messages into the PageFile at that time.

Since I've not done very much poking in the KahaDB code, it's possible that
I'm off the mark here on where best to implement this, but it's where I'd
start looking if I were you.

Tim