Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "anton.mithun" <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/22 14:06:22 UTC

Links to any introductory articles for jaas - artemis integration

Hi,

I am trying to use an existing authenticating mechanism via jaas. I am using
apache-artemis-1.3.0. And in the Apache ActiveMQ Artemis User Manual, it has
mentioned about jaas based example. But there is none about jaas in the
example directory. All I could find was the security one, but it doesn't use
jaas.
From my brief understanding, first we have to configure broker.xml or
bootstrap.xml and login.config to enable jaas plugin. Then put the jar
containing class implementing javax.security.auth.spi.LoginModule, in the
lib folder. But these are just the snippets, since it was based on activemq
I didn't follow through.
Is there any documentation specific to artemis-jaas ? or do I have to
implement it in activemq- jaas way? In that case, which file do I have to
modify instead of activemq.xml?

Re: Links to any introductory articles for jaas - artemis integration

Posted by "anton.mithun" <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Justin for the quick precise reply.

Re: Links to any introductory articles for jaas - artemis integration

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com>.
Documentation about the JAAS security manager can be found in the Artemis User Guide [1].

The "security" example shipped with Artemis 1.3 does in fact use JAAS.  If you execute the example (using 'mvn verify') you'll see the generated bootstrap.xml contains this:

  <jaas-security domain="activemq"/>

This refers to the application entry "activemq" in the login.config.

Hope that helps.

Justin

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.3.0/security.html (see the "JAAS Security Manager" section)