Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "Manjunath, Kiran" <ki...@akamai.com> on 2016/10/24 15:15:31 UTC

Use sql interpreter to fill up dynamic forms dropdown list

Hello All,

I have a question on creating dropdown list (dynamic forms) using psql interpreter.
I am using 0.6 version.

I have connected my zeppeline to postgresql using the native driver provided in the zeppeline package.
I have a column - ID (of a table say 'a') which consist of all the ID's required for further processing.

====================================
ID      |   Value 1     |   Value2
====================================
1       |   23          |   text1
2       |   13          |   text2
3       |   03          |   text3
4       |   99          |   text4
5       |   12          |   text5

Now, how do I fill this ID column into dynamic form for further user drop down selection?

PS: I know I can use spark context and JDBC drive. But that would be a overkill.
All my further processing is with the DB itself for analysis.
So I would prefer to create dropdown dynamic form from the psql interpreter itself.

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards,
Kiran

Re: Use sql interpreter to fill up dynamic forms dropdown list

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Have you tried
http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/dynamicform.html#select-form ?