Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2018/12/13 20:16:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.0 RC2

Dear Parquet Users and Developers,

I propose the following RC to be released as the official Apache
Parquet 1.11.0 release:

The commit id is a01a4dbbee892cbe920657e75f7750d33e277fbb
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-parquet-1.11.0
* https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/tree/a01a4dbbee892cbe920657e75f7750d33e277fbb

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/apache-parquet-1.11.0-rc2/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/KEYS

Binary artifacts are staged in Nexus here:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/parquet/parquet/1.11.0/

This release includes the following new features:

- PARQUET-1201 - Column indexes
- PARQUET-1253 - Support for new logical type representation
- PARQUET-1381 - Add merge blocks command to parquet-tools
- PARQUET-1388 - Nanosecond precision time and timestamp - parquet-mr

The release also includes bug fixes, including:

- PARQUET-1472: Dictionary filter fails on FIXED_LEN_BYTE_ARRAY.

Please download, verify, and test. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,

Zoltan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.0 RC2

Posted by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
I'm closing this vote as NOT PASSED and will prepare a new release
candidate with the fix.

Happy new year,

Zoltan

Posted by XU Qinghui <qi...@polytechnique.edu>.