Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/10/05 22:57:41 UTC

Our own home on freenode.net

Folks,

   it seems that the #apr channel (a great place to hang out) seems to
be detoured frequently into off-topic other-project traffic (including
a bogus redirect of cvs@httpd commits at that channel.)

   since nothing else quite fit, and I sure didn't want alot of end user
traffic, a new #httpd-dev channel exists for those fighting through the
muck and mire of keeping httpd/trunk/ building.

   please, remember that IRC is not a substitute for the mailing list,
votes must happen here, decisions must be discussed here, and ideally,
if you brainstorm something cool on #httpd-dev, post the recap here.

   otherwise, just a fun/friendly place to hang out for httpd'ers, so
feel free to drop by.

Bill

Re: Our own home on freenode.net

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Nick Kew wrote:

> I'm not really convinced we need another channel.  We already have
> #apache-modules, which deals with httpd (as well as module) hacking,
> and has largely the same membership as #apr (and modest traffic -
> we don't generally have a problem keeping helpdesk traffic to #apache:-)

one nice aspect, once chipig reconfigures the noise from the CIA bot,
will be monitoring httpd commit traffic on #httpd-dev.  So as you
point out, #apache-modules is a nice place to hang out without that
extra noise.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wednesday 05 October 2005 21:57, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Folks,
>
>    it seems that the #apr channel (a great place to hang out) seems to
> be detoured frequently into off-topic other-project traffic (including
> a bogus redirect of cvs@httpd commits at that channel.)
>
>    since nothing else quite fit, and I sure didn't want alot of end user
> traffic, a new #httpd-dev channel exists for those fighting through the
> muck and mire of keeping httpd/trunk/ building.
>
>    please, remember that IRC is not a substitute for the mailing list,
> votes must happen here, decisions must be discussed here, and ideally,
> if you brainstorm something cool on #httpd-dev, post the recap here.
>
>    otherwise, just a fun/friendly place to hang out for httpd'ers, so
> feel free to drop by.

Hmmm.

--
Nick Kew