Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2012/09/25 23:13:38 UTC

cTAKES assertion Lucene version

Hi,
I was updating the assertion module to use the maven dependencies, but was getting the below exception when using lucene core 3.5.0 from the parent which seems to be used by the other modules.
Does anyone recall which version of Lucene does the featureFile11b should use?  Is this as simple as rebuilding the index or something more involved???

9/25/12 5:08:35 PM - 10: org.mitre.medfacts.i2b2.cli.BatchRunner.loadEnabledFeaturesFromFile: INFO: opening enabled features file: \ctakes\ctakes-assertion\resources\org\mitre\medfacts\resources\featureFile11b
9/25/12 5:08:46 PM - 10: org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.handleException(527): SEVERE: Exception occurred
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
                at org.apache.ctakes.core.resource.LuceneIndexReaderResourceImpl.load(LuceneIndexReaderResourceImpl.java:79)
Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooOldException: Format version is not supported (resource: ChecksumIndexInput(RAMInputStream(name=segments))): 20988 (needs to be between -1 and -11). This version of Lucene only supports indexes created with release 1.9 and later.
                at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:275)

Thanks,
Pei

Re: cTAKES assertion Lucene version

Posted by Steven Bethard <st...@Colorado.EDU>.
On Sep 25, 2012, at 3:13 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I was updating the assertion module to use the maven dependencies, but was getting the below exception when using lucene core 3.5.0 from the parent which seems to be used by the other modules.
> Does anyone recall which version of Lucene does the featureFile11b should use?  Is this as simple as rebuilding the index or something more involved???

I remember running into a similar problem. I think I got it working with something like Lucene 3.0.0.

But a big +1 on rebuilding all the indexes with a recent version of Lucene, e.g. 3.6.1 or 4.0.0-BETA. My experience with Lucene is that the longer you put off an upgrade the harder it gets to migrate your code to something that's still supported.

Steve

RE: cTAKES assertion Lucene version

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
The Orange Book index was built a long time ago using an old version of lucene.

Jira CTAKES-38 is open regarding updating to a newer version of the Orange Book.

I'll upate that issue to indicate that doing that will also fix the problem with the index having been created with too old of a version of Lucene.