Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/24 16:25:22 UTC

Database For Resource Properties

I have a scenario where our site allows users to enter foreign
languages in a database. So at anytime, the value of a langage value
can change. So I am unable to use the message resources as they are
static between server bumps.

Anyway, it would be great if I could actually create some type of
mechanism to create the properties from the database, and if they
change, just update the files. But I am not clear as to how to go
about this.

Any ideas? I just do not want to go to the database for each language value.

Thanks for any ideas.

PS, how do I search this list?

Re: Database For Resource Properties

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
There's an old implementation here:

Look for 'Message Resources Impls', there is a version of the struts-
example (Mailreader) that uses a database instead of property files.

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.

Posted by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com>.