Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Al...@miranda.com on 2013/02/22 00:20:57 UTC

generate XML file

Hello everyone,

I'm using maven-assembly-plugin to generate a zip package with some
artifacts in it. It works fine, now the only missing step is I need to
generate an XML file with some information about the artifacts. This XML
will be used by another program to basically know about the content
(version of each artifact, type, etc). Is there any way to do this in maven
and make the assembly plugin include the XML? is there a way to do this
with the assembly plugin itself? is it better to create my own plugin? the
assembly plugin does a good job creating my zip, so I am hoping i don't
need to create my own plugin from scratch

Thanks for any suggestions,

Alejandro
DISCLAIMER:

Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.

Thank You.

Re: generate XML file

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I'm using maven-assembly-plugin to generate a zip package with some
> artifacts in it. It works fine, now the only missing step is I need to
> generate an XML file with some information about the artifacts. This XML

You probably need to write your own plugin to do this. You should
write the file to target/ and the assembly plugin can pick it up and
include it with the other files you are putting in the zip package.

Wayne

Re: generate XML file

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi Alejandro,

I agree with the others about rolling your own plugin, but would add that
your plugin would not necessarily need to interface with the assembly
plugin at all. All your plugin would need to do is generate the needed XML
file. Then bind that to an earlier phase than when assembly runs, and the
XML file will exist by the time assembly runs and hence get included in the
bundle (assuming your assembly descriptor includes it, of course).

-Curtis

Re: generate XML file

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Hi,