Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/05 15:53:08 UTC

[VFS] Is there any documentation on creating a new provider?

Is there any documentation on what is required for creating support for a
new filesystem?
Or would anyone recommend an existing one in common or sandbox that is a
good simple example?

Thanks

ottO

Re: [VFS] Is there any documentation on creating a new provider?

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hasan,
I did read the API doc, but that is more towards using a filesystem, I’m
thinking about
creating a new provider.

On March 5, 2018 at 12:28:41, Hasan Diwan (hasan.diwan@gmail.com) wrote:

Otto,

On 5 March 2018 at 07:53, Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any documentation on what is required for creating support for a
> new filesystem?

Perhaps https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/api.html may be
useful?

> Or would anyone recommend an existing one in common or sandbox that is a
> good simple example?

There are a few sample implementations in the example package. -- H
--
If you wish to request my time, please do so using
http://bit.ly/hd1ScheduleRequest.

<https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFEBAD7FFD041BBA1>Sent

from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable

Re: [VFS] Is there any documentation on creating a new provider?

Posted by Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>.
Otto,