Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Philip Coates <ph...@semanticintegration.co.uk> on 2018/06/13 21:51:53 UTC

JENA-1563 and building

Hi,

This will probably seem like a n00b question, but...

I've checked out the 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT code to address the JENA-1563 ticket,
and I found that the codebase references some "ext" Guava libs - the
3.8.0-SNAPSHOT versions of the org.apache.jena.ext.com.google.<whatever>
wasn't there, so I managed to get things to compile by pointing at the
3.7.0 deps when I was building, but how should I get/build these to test
things properly?

Many thanks,

*Philip Coates*
*Director*

email: philip.coates@semanticintegration.co.uk
tel: +44 (0)7711 818384

Registered in England and Wales. Company number: 08688966.
Registered office: First Floor, Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road,
Brighton, England, BN1 6AF
<https://maps.google.com/?q=125-135+Preston+Road,+Brighton,+England,+BN1+6AF&entry=gmail&source=g>

Re: JENA-1563 and building

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi,

For JENA-1563, there is a pull request pending:

https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/435

(we're approaching a 3.8.0 release and I wanted to get this in).

Reviewing and testing, if you get the local build working, would be very
helpful.

** everyone

All the pull requests are reviewable by anyone.

https://github.com/apache/jena/pulls

On 13/06/18 22:51, Philip Coates wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This will probably seem like a n00b question, but...
>
> I've checked out the 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT code to address the JENA-1563 ticket,
> and I found that the codebase references some "ext" Guava libs - the
> 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT versions of the org.apache.jena.ext.com.google.<whatever>
> wasn't there, so I managed to get things to compile by pointing at the
> 3.7.0 deps when I was building, but how should I get/build these to test
> things properly?

If you clone the Jena repo then at the top level do "mvn clean install"
it should build cleanly.

"mvn clean install -Pdev" is faster - it builds as far as Fuseki and
skip javadoc generation.

"jena-shared-guava" produced the "ext" classes - a copy of Google guava
so that when Jena is a library in another system, there can be multiple
versions of Googe guava.

Work on a specific module should also work if you set up
<repositoryManagement>, which is in the parent POM which is named in the
POM of the module.

However, it is easier to work the whole codebase, build with -Pdev to
set up local artifacts then work on a single module.  We've moved away
from single independent modules.

     Andy

Re: JENA-1563 and building

Posted by Philip Coates <ph...@semanticintegration.co.uk>.
Rob,

Thanks! Looks like someone's already beaten me to getting a PR raised for
this,

Re: JENA-1563 and building