Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Stefán Baxter <st...@activitystream.com> on 2015/11/10 22:59:59 UTC

Parquet and dictionary based encoding in Drill 1.3

Hi,

Is it safe switch on store.parquet.enable_dictionary_encoding and is the
scanning of dictionary based columns optimized?

Regards,
  -Stefán

Re: Parquet and dictionary based encoding in Drill 1.3

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com>.
Note that parquet files written by parquet-mr will use dictionary encoding
by default.

--
Julien

Re: Parquet and dictionary based encoding in Drill 1.3

Posted by Parth Chandra <pa...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefan