Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Viali.Lee" <Vi...@Hotmail.COM> on 2007/08/09 14:55:01 UTC

BlobMessage doesn't work...

I download the ActiveMQ 5.0-SNAPSHOT and unzip it, then run
/bin/activemq.bat.
After that, I wrote a Producer and Consumer to test the BlobMessage feature
of ActiveMQ 5.0-SNAPSHOT, but failed!!!

Producer.java:

import java.io.File;
import javax.jms.*;
import org.apache.activemq.*;
public class Producer
{
	{
ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://localhost:61616");
		Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
		connection.start();
		ActiveMQSession session = (ActiveMQSession)
connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
		Destination destination = session.createQueue("message.larger.input");
		MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(destination);
		BlobMessage message =  session.createBlobMessage(new
File("D://1.1K.Test.xml"));
		producer.send(message);
		session.close();
		connection.close();
	}
}

Consumer.java:

import java.io.*;
import javax.jms.*;
import javax.jms.Message;
import org.apache.activemq.*;
public class Consumer
{
	{
ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://localhost:61616");
		Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
		connection.start();
		ActiveMQSession session = (ActiveMQSession)
connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
		Destination destination = session.createQueue("message.larger.input");
		MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(destination);
		Message message = consumer.receive(10000);

		BlobMessage blobMessage = (BlobMessage) message;
		InputStream in = blobMessage.getInputStream();
		byte[] b = new byte[2048];
		File file = new File("D://result.xml");
		FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(file);
		while (in.read(b) > 0) {
			out.write(b);
		}
		out.close();
		session.close();
		connection.close();
	}
}

error:
the inputstream received by Consumer is null.

who knows what happened??

Re: BlobMessage feature doesn't work...

Posted by "Viali.Lee" <Vi...@Hotmail.COM>.
URL  =  null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at Consumer.main(Consumer.java:25)---(IN)

thanks for your reply. I am not sure the URL and the stacktrace would help,
I think you can have a try in you computer.....

Re: BlobMessage feature doesn't work...Bug ??

Posted by "Viali.Lee" <Vi...@Hotmail.COM>.
I've try the new snapshot of apache-activemq-5.0-20070809.221110-48..
But still not work...
is it a bug ?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Could you print the full stack trace; also show the getURL() value in
the blobMessage?

On 8/9/07, Viali.Lee <Vi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I download the ActiveMQ 5.0-SNAPSHOT and unzip it, then run
> /bin/activemq.bat.
> After that, I wrote a Producer and Consumer to test the BlobMessage feature
> of ActiveMQ 5.0-SNAPSHOT, but failed!!!
>
> Producer.java:
>
> import java.io.File;
> import javax.jms.*;
> import org.apache.activemq.*;
> public class Producer
> {
>         public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception
>         {
>                 ActiveMQConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://localhost:61616");
>                 Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
>                 connection.start();
>                 ActiveMQSession session = (ActiveMQSession)
> connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>                 Destination destination = session.createQueue("message.larger.input");
>                 MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(destination);
>                 BlobMessage message =  session.createBlobMessage(new
> File("D://1.1K.Test.xml"));
>                 producer.send(message);
>                 session.close();
>                 connection.close();
>         }
> }
>

> Consumer.java:
>
> import java.io.*;
> import javax.jms.*;
> import javax.jms.Message;
> import org.apache.activemq.*;
> public class Consumer
> {
>         public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception
>         {
>                 ActiveMQConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://localhost:61616");
>                 Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
>                 connection.start();
>                 ActiveMQSession session = (ActiveMQSession)
> connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>                 Destination destination = session.createQueue("message.larger.input");
>                 MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(destination);
>                 Message message = consumer.receive(10000);
>
>                 BlobMessage blobMessage = (BlobMessage) message;
>                 InputStream in = blobMessage.getInputStream();
>                 byte[] b = new byte[2048];
>                 File file = new File("D://result.xml");
>                 FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(file);
>                 while (in.read(b) > 0) {
>                         out.write(b);
>                 }
>                 out.close();
>                 session.close();
>                 connection.close();
>         }
> }
>
> error:
> the inputstream received by Consumer is null.
>
> who knows what happened??

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/