Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Bryan McGuire <jo...@mindspring.com> on 2000/04/04 23:52:41 UTC

[slightly OT] redhat linux 6.1

Has anyone built RPMs for redhat 6.1 with apache/1.3.9 and mod_perl 1.2.2 where DSO actually works. If not, I would like to know how to do it.  It's a shame that redhat linux 6.1 is shipping with a broken mod_perl, and I believe it would help the cause for mod_perl if linux 6.1 users could simply download an easy to use, drop-in replacement for the apparently broken mod_perl-1.21-2.i386.rpm

Re: [slightly OT] redhat linux 6.1

Posted by Buddy Lee Haystack <ha...@surfree.com>.
I haven't built any rpms myself, but I am using Redhat v6.1, Apache v1.3.9-8, perl v5.00503-6, and mod_perl v1.21-2. They were all downloaded from RedHat's FTP site as rpms, and worked fine after installation. I think many people encounter difficulty in
correctly modifying the httpd.conf file after installing mod_perl.

If you wish, I can send you my httpd.conf file which also contains entries for the Apache DBI module.

You may also want to have a look at:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/index.html