Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by John Lindal <li...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/06/01 02:27:02 UTC

Unit test error for xwork-core in trunk

I get “Wrong line number: http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-config-1.0.dtd:1:2” from com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.DefaultValidatorFileParserTest.testParserWithBadXML2()

I’m using Maven 2, but I can’t see how that would affect the unit tests.

Is anybody else getting this unit test error?

Thanks,
John

RE: Unit test error for xwork-core in trunk

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
\src\xwork-core\src\main\resources\xwork-validator-config-1.0.dtd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
  XWork Validator Config DTD.
  Used the following DOCTYPE.

  <!DOCTYPE validators PUBLIC
          "-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork Validator Config 1.0//EN"
          "http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-config-1.0.dtd">
-->
<!ELEMENT validators (validator)+>

<!ELEMENT validator (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST validator
    name CDATA #REQUIRED
    class CDATA #REQUIRED

is valid dtd when tested at
http://www.validome.org/grammar/validate/

do you have the same DTD?
Martin Gainty

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
We must wait with that, till we solve the issue with Ognl

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
+1 for package renaming

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Steven Benitez <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeffrey Black <je...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you.

I was curious if anything more than refactoring the package structure would be involved.

jb
/

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.
On Jun 5, 2011, at 3:09 PM, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> package structure change drastically?
>
> Yeah, from com.opensymphony.xwork to org.apache.struts, but that's
> inevitable sooner or later ...

That's a name change but if a 1-1 mapping still not really a structural change.  My question is if stuff should be folded together even more, and touches on Dave's question of how to do that w/o losing the non-web users of xwork to a fork of old code.  Should we still produce two jars, one struts(w/xwork) and a another a subset xwork (w/o struts)?

-Dale

Re: Unit test error for xwork-core in trunk

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2011/6/2 Jeff Black <je...@yahoo.com>:
> What all does "merging" entail?

Mainly to have one struts-core instead of struts-core and xwork-core -

Posted by Jeff Black <je...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Maurizio Cucchiara wrote:
>> [...] relocate the opensymphony dtds in the meanwhile [...]
>
> Relo and announce, sure.
>
> An Atlassian guy shows up in the whois, should we reach out?

To Mike? Sure, why not. Also to Patrick (emeritus Struts guy).

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.
We should seriously consider to relocate the opensymphony dtds in the
meanwhile. I make you note that the first messages are starting to appear in
the user ml.

WDYT?

--
Maurizio Cucchiara

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Benitez <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 for merging

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>.
+1

Johannes

-----

RE: Unit test error for xwork-core in trunk

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.
+1

Jason Pyeron

-                                                               -
- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -

Re: Unit test error for xwork-core in trunk

Posted by John Lindal <li...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 definitely