Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2016/10/30 17:47:45 UTC

simplify release procedure

Hi,

I'd like to remove step 6 of our release procedure[1]:
	6. Add the release to the next board report, in the private subversion
area.
This is a PMC activity. If you are not a PMC member then email the
Developer's list with a request to update this file for your release.

When copying the source release to the Apache Distribution Area, an e-mail
is sent to the responsible committer with the request to update the
release data.

Once I need to send the board report, I can use this information. I see no
reason to register the same information twice.

thanks,
Robert

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html

Re: simplify release procedure

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Yes, it's PMC only, uploading those files or updating the board-report too.

Robert

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 to the principle. Can we see your proposed procedure (if you are
tweaking one of the other steps to mention this requirement)

On Sunday 30 October 2016, Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to remove step 6 of our release procedure[1]:
>         6. Add the release to the next board report, in the private
> subversion area.
> This is a PMC activity. If you are not a PMC member then email the
> Developer's list with a request to update this file for your release.
>
> When copying the source release to the Apache Distribution Area, an e-mail
> is sent to the responsible committer with the request to update the release
> data.
>
> Once I need to send the board report, I can use this information. I see no
> reason to register the same information twice.
>
> thanks,
> Robert
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-
> release-procedure.html