Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2005/06/11 05:28:51 UTC

Re[2]: Can't locate object method "register_commands"

Hello Matt,

Friday, June 10, 2005, 8:01:08 PM, you wrote:

MK> Robert Menschel wrote:
>> I just installed SA 3.0.4 on my Cygwin machine. I used the tarball,
>> extracted it into a new directory of its own making, and installed via
>> "perl Makefile.pl", "make", "make test", and "make install".
>> "make test" seemed to run OK.
>> But when I attempt to use SA, whether on an email or --lint,

MK> Check your tarball, carefully. The SA 3.0.4 code does NOT contain
MK> register_commands. (I did a grep -r on a clean tarball download)

MK> However, the 3.1.0 SVN tarballs do have this, so it sounds like you've got some
MK> kind of bad mix of 3.0.4 and 3.1.0 code.

Sho'nuff.  Somewhere, somehow, sometime, I must have unintentionally
done a "make install" from svn.  Took me three or four tries to remove
enough of the previous installations to do a good installation of
3.0.4, but the problem is gone.

Thanks.

Bob Menschel