Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by briand <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/29 00:07:43 UTC

stemming the synonyms

I'm using the synonyms text file such that when you enter travel you find all
things related to vacation.   However, when I enter in travelling it does
not find anything related to vacation, I assume it's because I'm not
explicitly putting travelling in the synonyms file.   Is there a way to
activate stemming for all of the synonym terms in the file without having to
manually put 'travel' and 'travelling' and 'travelers' in the synonym file?
Thanks.

Re: stemming the synonyms

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: things related to vacation.   However, when I enter in travelling it does
: not find anything related to vacation, I assume it's because I'm not
: explicitly putting travelling in the synonyms file.   Is there a way to
: activate stemming for all of the synonym terms in the file without having to
: manually put 'travel' and 'travelling' and 'travelers' in the synonym file?
: Thanks.

stemming and synonyms are part of analysis -- you can pick any ordering
you want for analysis by changing hte order of the TokenFilterFactories
for your field types.

just put the synonym filter before the stemming filter.

-Hoss