Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nathan Beemer <be...@ksu.edu> on 2009/07/17 18:46:04 UTC

Rendering Page to diff OutputStream from ServiceLink

Been using Tapestry 4 (now 4.1) for ~3yrs now and love it.

However, just ran across a new use-case that I'm having a tough time
cracking (not for lack of trying).

I need to be able to capture a Page's rendered html output so I can pipe it
through post processing and then send to the client for downloading.

Initially I implemented a new IEngineService for what I thought would be an
hour's worth of work. However, I'm running into two core issues:

1) getting the IRequestCycle to (re)render the page, via something like
cycle.getEngine().service(wreq, wresp); ?

2) supplying my own OutputStream or PrintWriter that the rendering will
render to.

I would appreciate any thoughts on where I'm missing the boat!