Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rick Tessner <ri...@dingle.myra.com> on 2001/06/02 07:27:13 UTC

Re: AW: Bug in TraxTransformer resolve()??

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:20:44 +0200, "Carsten Ziegeler" wrote:

>I just checked some ideas to make it at least work, but unfortunalety
>Xalan prevents us from a working version.
>So, to avoid any problems with the XSL specification, we can't use
>the cocoon urls in xsl:include etc for now. When the problem in Xalan
>is fixed, we can use it.

Hi Carsten,

I think I found a solution to this ... I'm not so certain anymore
that this is a xalan issue.

I've attached a patch that through some preliminary testing seems
to work.  It hasn't been extensively tested by any means since
I'm not aware of all the issues surrounding the URIResolver bits.

This fix basically includes the URI along with the InputStream
in returning the javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource from
the resolve() method.

With this, the "base" parameter is no longer being passed in
as null.

AW: Bug in TraxTransformer resolve()??

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Sorry, Rick, for the long delay.

Yes, great that is exactly the problem. I applied your patch
and now everything works fine!

And of course you are right, if the resolve() method only
returns an input stream, Xalan is not able to know the base.
So it's really not a Xalan bug.

Great! So, the special cocoon urls will also work inside
the stylesheets.

Carsten