Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Patrick Collins <pa...@active-endpoints.com> on 2005/05/11 00:01:49 UTC

Sandesha: Running Sending and Receiving RMP's on same Tomcat instance

Hi,

I am new to Sandesha and I am working on a scenario where I have two web
services deployed on a single instance of Tomcat.  I have the Sandesha (and
supporting jars) installed in the TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib directory.

One of the services is deployed with the appropriate RM configuration
parameters and requestFlow information.  I am able to verify this is working
by using a standalone test driver (similar to the EchoClientAsyncAck interop
test).

However, when I attempt to mimic this behavior from within another web
service deployed on the same Tomcat instance, I run into problems.  So, my
immediate question is can both RMP nodes run in the same VM?

(I haven't come across any documentation or relevant posts relating to this
particular issue If I have missed them, please advise.  I have looked
through some of the code and noticed that the init method of the
org.apache.sandesha.RMInitiator class only a single Sender instance will be
created if both the "client" and "server" are in the same VM regardless of
the client flag that is passed in.  I also noticed that the SandeshaQueue is
implemented as a singleton  - so it would appear that both the client and
server would share the same instance of the queue and I am guessing that
this is what's causing my problem.)

Thanks,

Patrick