Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Daniel Quach <da...@cs.ucla.edu> on 2012/01/30 22:52:40 UTC

mahout jar in classpath

I am trying to figure out which mahout jar file to include in the classpath if I want to use a DenseVector.

I tried mahout-math-0.6-SNAPSHOT.jar and mahout-core-0.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

Both times, javac tells me that the DenseVector symbol cannot be found.

Re: mahout jar in classpath

Posted by Manuel Blechschmidt <Ma...@gmx.de>.
Hi Daniel,
according to my checkout of the Mahout 0.5 tag. Dense Vector should be part of the math package:

./math/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/math/DenseVector.java

Here is what is part of the jar in my maven repository.

$ jar -tf mahout-math-0.5.jar | grep DenseVector
org/apache/mahout/math/DenseVector$1.class
org/apache/mahout/math/DenseVector$AllIterator.class
org/apache/mahout/math/DenseVector$DenseElement.class
org/apache/mahout/math/DenseVector$NonDefaultIterator.class
org/apache/mahout/math/DenseVector.class

/Manuel

--
Manuel Blechschmidt
Dortustr. 57

Re: mahout jar in classpath

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
It might be helpful to use some tools like maven to help with dependencies.

In addition there are some very good development tools like intellij that help with the import sorts of issues.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: mahout jar in classpath

Re: mahout jar in classpath

Re: mahout jar in classpath

Re: mahout jar in classpath

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
DenseVector is definitely in math. You can use 'jar tf' to see it. There
must be something else going on in your javac command.