Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2018/12/11 11:49:53 UTC

[VOTE] - Release Apache Kerby 2.0.0

This is a vote to release Apache Kerby 2.0.0.

Artifacts:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1179/

Issues fixed:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310910&version=12342433

Git tag:

https://github.com/apache/directory-kerby/tree/kerby-all-2.0.0

+1 from me.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache Kerby 2.0.0

Posted by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>.
+1

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

[CANCELLED] - Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache Kerby 2.0.0

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
The vote is cancelled until we address Stefan's concerns.

Colm.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 12/17/18 9:05 AM, Li, Jiajia wrote:
> Thanks for the serious review.
>
>> The release includes binary artifacts of has-dist [1] which includes many third-party libraries, but the required license/notice files are missing in those dist packages.
>
> It's because N&L are not included in assembly.xml, I've fixed in the pull request[1]
>
>> The dist archives also include the jdk.tools-1.8.jar which I assume we are not allowed to distribute. It's a system dependency from hadoop-common/hadoop-annotatations lib, not sure if Hadoop includes it?
>
> I've checked Hadoop does not include jdk.tool in distribution, I've excluded it in [1]
>
>> PS: Dist packages of kdc-dist and tool-dist were not generated because their pom.xml use a Maven profile "-Pdist" which probably was not enabled during release build, but has-dist pom.xml does not inlude such a profile so artifacts were built and deployed.
>
> I've added the "dist" Maven profile in has-dist pom.xml in [1]
>
> Could you have a look at the pull request?

Looks good to me.

Please feel free to include the binary dist packages in the release if
they are useful for users. Other projects also include such. We just
need to be more careful with the legal requirements.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache Kerby 2.0.0

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
I'm afraid I have to give a -1.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
I'm afraid I have to give a -1.

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
+1
Built successfully with java version "1.8.0_112", all tests passed.

Regards,
Jiajia

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
+1