Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2012/12/15 23:47:54 UTC

Vietnamese translation (Re: Volunteering with Apache OpenOffice Translations)

Nguyen Trinh Dong (K.CNTT) wrote:
> I am Nguyen Trinh Dong (First name: Trinh Dong, Last name: Nguyen). I am a
> Vietnamese.
> Now I live in Viet Nam, I work in Information technology field.
> It is a first time I join with your works. Hence, I do not know very much
> about this work
> but I can translate English UI to Vietnamese  UI.

Thanks! Don't worry about lack of experience, we are here to help.
Vietnamese is about 95% complete and with your help it will be feasible
to complete the translation in December and release OpenOffice 3.4.1 in
Vietnamese in January.

The next steps you should take are:

1) Please subscribe to the localization mailing list or you will miss
important messages. To subscribe, just send an empty e-mail to
l10n-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and respond to the confirmation
request you will receive. If traffic is too high, remember that you can
also subscribe to a "daily digest" (1 message per day); ask us in case.

2) Read this page: http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html ; it
describes the translation process.

3) Wait for the "PO files" for Vietnamese. Juergen, our release manager,
will likely send them to you early next week. Please write back if you
haven't received them by then.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Vietnamese translation (Re: Volunteering with Apache OpenOffice Translations)

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 12/15/12 11:47 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Nguyen Trinh Dong (K.CNTT) wrote:
>> I am Nguyen Trinh Dong (First name: Trinh Dong, Last name: Nguyen). I
>> am a
>> Vietnamese.
>> Now I live in Viet Nam, I work in Information technology field.
>> It is a first time I join with your works. Hence, I do not know very much
>> about this work
>> but I can translate English UI to Vietnamese  UI.
>
> Thanks! Don't worry about lack of experience, we are here to help.
> Vietnamese is about 95% complete and with your help it will be feasible
> to complete the translation in December and release OpenOffice 3.4.1 in
> Vietnamese in January.
>
> The next steps you should take are:
>
> 1) Please subscribe to the localization mailing list or you will miss
> important messages. To subscribe, just send an empty e-mail to
> l10n-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and respond to the confirmation
> request you will receive. If traffic is too high, remember that you can
> also subscribe to a "daily digest" (1 message per day); ask us in case.
>
> 2) Read this page: http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html ; it
> describes the translation process.
>
> 3) Wait for the "PO files" for Vietnamese. Juergen, our release manager,
> will likely send them to you early next week. Please write back if you
> haven't received them by then.

po files Vietnamese can be found under
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/aoo341_vi_po-files.tar.bz2

- helpcontent2 is contained as well but can be ignored for now, it
contains the help files
- basic/source/app.po can be ignored as well, it contains the not longer
used testtool strings, already removed for AOO 4.0

Juergen