Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2005/04/13 17:59:31 UTC

[digester] Proposal for release of version 1.7

Hi All,

Digester 1.6 was released on 9-sep-2004 (7 months ago).

Since then there have been a handful of small bugfixes or improvements.
There's nothing particularly exciting happening here; Digester 1.x
appears to have reached an extremely stable form.

I've updated the RELEASE-NOTES.txt file with the list of all the changes
since 1.6 (see attachment).

Normally the few items that have accumulated since the last release
wouldn't justify a release at this time. However it doesn't appear as if
there will be any more changes to Digester 1.x coming along in the near
future, and there are a few items checked in that will be useful to
digester users.

So it seems to me we may as well make what we have available now.

Bugzilla currently contains 4 enhancement requests, none of which appear
to have anyone willing to work on them - or to use them if they should
ever be implemented. I've certainly got little enthusiasm for addressing
any of these enhancements myself (though I would be willing to review
patches if any are put forward).

There's also one trivial enhancement/bug entry to do with MD5 sums for
jar files that can be addressed during the release procedure.

I'm happy to be the release manager for this one if that's ok with
y'all. So what do you think? Should we work towards a release 1.7 or
not?

Cheers,

Simon